Sunday, July 10, 2011

Disaster Preperation

The disaster drill we ran as what Sophia would have us do in case of an earthquake as well as a similar enactment of what occurred on 311 was a creative idea for the discussion. I think this is something that Sophia should obligatorily run at least once a year or with the orientation of all students. Obviously it shows a lack of responsibility on their part to act as a safety spot and it be adequately prepared. The should have anticipated such things as full capacity of students, students who are injured or disabled, an period of stay up to at least two days and a means of informing all of where to go prior. In comparison to the US where we really only have fire drills, and intruder drills although good to have are much more controllable situations unlike natural disaster. I feel like if anything they should be more prepared because it is so much more a reality. If our study abroad program had not prepared us for the basics of earthquake safety I would feel much more uneasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment